Valentine’s Day is around the corner. I was reminded of this when I was at the Dollar Store few days ago. As soon as I entered the store I saw everything there in red, pink and white. I saw this beautiful set of heart shaped mold when this idea for a Cute Heart Candy Gift Box for Valentine’s Day occurred to me.
I already had a few empty gift boxes from another occasion, some ribbon and other necessary items to make this homemade Valentine’s Day Gift Idea that could be perfect to give to your sweetheart or your special friend. I love a personalized gift that is homemade. This cute DIY Valentine Heart Shaped Candy Gift Box costs under $10. You will need a few things that you might already have handy at home.
You will also need these Valentine’s Day FREE Printables that you can print on cardstock using a printer.
If you are thinking of handmade gift, make sure to check out this DIY Valentine Heart Candy Gift Box. Let’s take a look at the materials we need to make this DIY Valentine Heart Candy Gift Box,
1. Empty Gift Box
2. Some paper to cover the side
3. Paper Cutter
5. Heart Shaped Cutters
8. Hole Puncher
9. Valentine’s Day Printables (download here)
1. Take an empty gift box and make sure that it is plain on the sides. If not, stick some white paper using the glue. Measure the sides of the box using the ruler.
2. Cut the paper using the same measurements using the paper cutter. You can also use the craft knife.
3. Using the glue, stick paper around the gift box so that it is covered with white paper. It should look white all around. You can even cover the bottom of the box if it has some other pattern on the box.
4. Cut out little hearts from Valentine’s Day FREE Printables with paper cutter. Using the glue, stick three to four hearts on two longer sides of the box. Paste two hearts on smaller sides of the box.
4. Place the heart shaped molds in the gift box. You can place one or two hearts.
5. Fill the box around the hearts with red colored heart shaped candy. Make sure to fill the entire space around the hearts.
6. Take your other multicolored heart candy and fill the heart molds. Fill them entirely.
7. Pick your favorite tag from Valentine’s Day FREE Printables and cut the one that you want to tie to the ribbon.
8. Tie the ribbon around the gift box, string the tag through the ribbon so that it shows on top of the gift box.
9. Make a nice bow on the gift box, and that’s it. Your DIY Valentine Heart Candy Gift Box is ready!
If you happen to make this, please share a picture or two with us. Upload on Instagram and tag us at #thewomentalk. I’d love to see your wonderful DIY creations.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas? Here are some of my favorites!
Are you planning to make homemade gift for Valentine’s Day this year?